SOUTH AFRICA: Pepsico opens third Simba manufacturing plant
Pepsico has launched a third Simba manufacturing site in South Africa
Growing demand for its potato chips has seen Pepsico open a new manufacturing plant in South Africa under its Simba brand.
The Prospection facility is Simba's third manufacturing facility in South Africa and will "enable Simba to meet the increasing demand for its Lay's and Simba potato chip products". It will employ 90 additional staff.
"We have seen demand for our products grow for a number of years now and our new facility will help us meet this demand and better serve the needs of our valued retail partners," said Andrew Havinga, Simba manufacturing director.
The firm said "advanced technology" will allow for a "highly efficient and environmentally stable operation that can produce to optimal performance levels", which includes processes to increase machinery efficiency while reducing electricity consumption and increasing water reuse.
PepsiCo's Simba snacks business offers global brands such as Lay's, Doritos chips and dips, Cheetos, Ghost Pops, Chipstix and Millstones.
In 2014, PepsiCo posted strong financials, and increased its returns to investors. Recent acquisitions/joint ventures, such as Tingyi, Müller Quaker and Wimm-Bill-Dann, as well as expansion into Brazi...
In 2013, although heavily dependent on snacks, PepsiCo posted strong financials, and again increased its returns to investors. Recent acquisitions/joint ventures, such as Tingyi, Müller Quaker Dairy a...
Within a very restrictive business environment, PepsiCo’s strategy is aimed at directing resources – both physical and human – towards core production lines which use local components (for example ext...
Synopsis The Canadean Global Top 10 Food Companies: Company Guide is a crucial resource for anyone looking to gain information on the top companies in the global food industry. Detailed company profil...
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details