SOUTH AFRICA: Pepsico opens third Simba manufacturing plant
Pepsico has launched a third Simba manufacturing site in South Africa
Growing demand for its potato chips has seen Pepsico open a new manufacturing plant in South Africa under its Simba brand.
The Prospection facility is Simba's third manufacturing facility in South Africa and will "enable Simba to meet the increasing demand for its Lay's and Simba potato chip products". It will employ 90 additional staff.
"We have seen demand for our products grow for a number of years now and our new facility will help us meet this demand and better serve the needs of our valued retail partners," said Andrew Havinga, Simba manufacturing director.
The firm said "advanced technology" will allow for a "highly efficient and environmentally stable operation that can produce to optimal performance levels", which includes processes to increase machinery efficiency while reducing electricity consumption and increasing water reuse.
PepsiCo's Simba snacks business offers global brands such as Lay's, Doritos chips and dips, Cheetos, Ghost Pops, Chipstix and Millstones.
In 2014, PepsiCo posted strong financials, and increased its returns to investors. Recent acquisitions/joint ventures, such as Tingyi, Müller Quaker and Wimm-Bill-Dann, as well as expansion into Brazi...
In 2013, although heavily dependent on snacks, PepsiCo posted strong financials, and again increased its returns to investors. Recent acquisitions/joint ventures, such as Tingyi, Müller Quaker Dairy a...
Synopsis The Canadean Global Top 10 Beverage Companies: Company Guide is a crucial resource for anyone looking to gain information on the top companies in the global beverage industry. Detailed compan...
"The Future of the Pasta & Noodles Market in India to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company re...
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- Comment: Hain Celestial cognisant of US challenges
- Why Lactalis swooped for Romanian dairy Albalact
- What should you learn from 2015 olive oil prices?
- Can Yildiz's new snacks unit match its ambitions?
- Mondelez continues to see margins up, sales mixed
- Hain Celestial lifted by international, protein
- China eyes further infant formula restrictions
- Coca-Cola to invest in Nigerian dairy group Chi
- Unilever launches eggless Hellmann's mayo in US