SOUTH AFRICA: Pepsico opens third Simba manufacturing plant
Pepsico has launched a third Simba manufacturing site in South Africa
Growing demand for its potato chips has seen Pepsico open a new manufacturing plant in South Africa under its Simba brand.
The Prospection facility is Simba's third manufacturing facility in South Africa and will "enable Simba to meet the increasing demand for its Lay's and Simba potato chip products". It will employ 90 additional staff.
"We have seen demand for our products grow for a number of years now and our new facility will help us meet this demand and better serve the needs of our valued retail partners," said Andrew Havinga, Simba manufacturing director.
The firm said "advanced technology" will allow for a "highly efficient and environmentally stable operation that can produce to optimal performance levels", which includes processes to increase machinery efficiency while reducing electricity consumption and increasing water reuse.
PepsiCo's Simba snacks business offers global brands such as Lay's, Doritos chips and dips, Cheetos, Ghost Pops, Chipstix and Millstones.
Synopsis Canadean's "PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contai...
In 2013, although heavily dependent on snacks, PepsiCo posted strong financials, and again increased its returns to investors. Recent acquisitions/joint ventures, such as Tingyi, Müller Quaker Dairy a...
PepsiCo do Brasil is expected to strengthen its presence in biscuits through brand extensions of popular and traditional brands such as Toddy and Quaker, which received investment to introduce biscuit...
Within a very restrictive business environment, PepsiCo’s strategy is aimed at directing resources – both physical and human – towards core production lines which use local components (for example ext...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- Premier Foods hails "improving" sales trends
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report