US/MEXICO: PepsiCo outlines Mexico assault
US food and beverage giant PepsiCo has outlined a US$3bn investment package for its business in Mexico as it looks to build its Sabritas and Gamesa snacks operations south of the border.
The company said yesterday (20 November) that around $2bn of the spending would go on R&D, manufacturing and distribution and marketing for its food business over the next five years.
The rest of the cash will go towards marketing and advertising of its beverage brands in Mexico between now and 2011.
"For the last 100 years, Mexico has been a key market for PepsiCo, and today's news is the latest proof that we will continue to invest for growth here," PepsiCo Americas Foods CEO John Compton said in Mexico City.
Recent investment in Mexico by Barry Callebaut and PepsiCo underlines the country’s significance as an investment opportunity for international food companies. While it may not receive the attention o...
A number of environmentally-friendly initiatives and products have been unveiled by food companies in the lead up to Earth Day, which is marked today (22 April). But how strong is mainstream consumer ...
This week has been a positive period for certain retailers as Aldi announced plans to expand in Ireland, while in the UK, Sainsbury's posted an 11% rise in annual underlying profits. Asda was also upb...
Spar has extended an athletics sponsorship in the UK as the retailer looks to cement its ties to the sport in the run-up to the London Olympics....
PepsiCo's Frito Lay has launched a nationwide marketing campaign celebrating the communities that produce its line of potato chips....
UK retail giant Tesco is spending GBP150m (US$225.5m) on a relaunch of its Clubcard loyalty scheme....
Russian meat firm Cherkizovo has launched an advertising campaign for its Petelinka poultry brand in Russia....
ConAgra Foods has hired advertising executive Brett Groom to a new role overseeing the company's digital and social marketing....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review