US: PepsiCo president departs, replaced by Europe chief
PepsiCo announced a "reset" in February
PepsiCo's president John Compton has left the group after less than eight months in the role.
Compton, who worked for PepsiCo for the last 30 years, will become CEO of Pilot Flying J Oil Corporation, which operates truck stops in his home state of Tennessee, the company announced late yesterday (11 September).
CEO of PepsiCo Europe, Zein Abdalla, has been appointed the group's new president, with immediate effect.
Enderson Guimaraes will replace Abdalla as CEO of PepsiCo Europe, while Guimaraes' successor as president of the group's Global Nutrition Group will be named shortly, it said.
Compton said the opportunity to take charge at Pilot Flying J Oil Corporation was a "once-in-a-lifetime chance".
"I have deep and personal ties to Tennessee, and my family's plan all along has been to return to Tennessee at some point," he said.
Click here for our On the move analysis of Compton's move and talk over who could be CEO Indra Nooyi's eventual successor.
PepsiCo has benefited from its strong presence in sweet and savoury snacks, which continue to make up the majority of its sales in packaged food. It did however reduce its reliance on this category wi...
Obesity is a global epidemic that is "bankrupting economies and short changing futures", we were told during a round table at the World Economic Forum in Davos this weekend....
Indian food maker Hindustan Foods Ltd has reached a manufacturing and supply agreement with PepsoCo....
- Why data is key to shopper satisfaction
- Interview: Premier sets sights overseas
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Sustainability Watch: Roberto Ciati, Barilla
- Short-termism decides Chiquita's future
- Hovis CEO Spooner leaves bread maker
- Glanbia chairman to step down
- General Mills to launch "Ancient Grains" Cheerios
- Kellogg earnings beat forecast but sales pressured
- Hershey lowers FY sales, earnings forecasts
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Supermarkets in China
- Pubs & Bars in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Chinese Confectionery Food Market
- Kerry Group plc - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report