US: PepsiCo president departs, replaced by Europe chief
PepsiCo announced a "reset" in February
PepsiCo's president John Compton has left the group after less than eight months in the role.
Compton, who worked for PepsiCo for the last 30 years, will become CEO of Pilot Flying J Oil Corporation, which operates truck stops in his home state of Tennessee, the company announced late yesterday (11 September).
CEO of PepsiCo Europe, Zein Abdalla, has been appointed the group's new president, with immediate effect.
Enderson Guimaraes will replace Abdalla as CEO of PepsiCo Europe, while Guimaraes' successor as president of the group's Global Nutrition Group will be named shortly, it said.
Compton said the opportunity to take charge at Pilot Flying J Oil Corporation was a "once-in-a-lifetime chance".
"I have deep and personal ties to Tennessee, and my family's plan all along has been to return to Tennessee at some point," he said.
Click here for our On the move analysis of Compton's move and talk over who could be CEO Indra Nooyi's eventual successor.
Obesity is a global epidemic that is "bankrupting economies and short changing futures", we were told during a round table at the World Economic Forum in Davos this weekend....
Indian food maker Hindustan Foods Ltd has reached a manufacturing and supply agreement with PepsoCo....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- How to win in Australian gluten-free cereal
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Brexit - Europe's food makers call result "a blow"
- Brexit - Irish food export agency sounds warning
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights