US: PepsiCo president departs, replaced by Europe chief
PepsiCo announced a "reset" in February
PepsiCo's president John Compton has left the group after less than eight months in the role.
Compton, who worked for PepsiCo for the last 30 years, will become CEO of Pilot Flying J Oil Corporation, which operates truck stops in his home state of Tennessee, the company announced late yesterday (11 September).
CEO of PepsiCo Europe, Zein Abdalla, has been appointed the group's new president, with immediate effect.
Enderson Guimaraes will replace Abdalla as CEO of PepsiCo Europe, while Guimaraes' successor as president of the group's Global Nutrition Group will be named shortly, it said.
Compton said the opportunity to take charge at Pilot Flying J Oil Corporation was a "once-in-a-lifetime chance".
"I have deep and personal ties to Tennessee, and my family's plan all along has been to return to Tennessee at some point," he said.
Click here for our On the move analysis of Compton's move and talk over who could be CEO Indra Nooyi's eventual successor.
Obesity is a global epidemic that is "bankrupting economies and short changing futures", we were told during a round table at the World Economic Forum in Davos this weekend....
Indian food maker Hindustan Foods Ltd has reached a manufacturing and supply agreement with PepsoCo....
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- What the analysts say: Unilever's mixed 2014
- Tootsie Roll CEO Melvin Gordon dies at 95
- Unilever revenues disappoint as food sales fall
- Lifeway Foods CEO denies sale talks
- McCain to close Grobbendonk plant in Belgium
- Jobs to go at FrieslandCampina cheese plant
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019