US: PepsiCo signs Quaker soccer sponsorship deal
Quaker will sponsor the Chicago Fire soccer team
PepsiCo has signed a sponsorship deal for its Quaker cereals brand with the Chicago Fire soccer club in the US.
Quaker has been named as the official "breakfast foods and nutritious snacks partner" of the club and will sponsor the Major League Soccer team's jersey.
"It's an honour to partner with a trusted Chicago-based brand like Quaker Oats that shares the same sense of community as the Chicago Fire," Chicago Fire owner Andrew Hauptman said yesterday (17 January). "As a sports team, we know the importance of staying active, eating right and hope to inspire others to do the same. Our players are incredibly proud to don the Quaker name as they hit the field during the 2012 season."
The brand will also sponsor the Chicago Fire Juniors, the club's youth player development programme, and a seating section at Toyota Park, the club's stadium.
Jose Luis Prado, president of PepsiCo's Quaker Foods and Snacks North America divison, said: "This partnership exemplifies our commitment to promoting a healthy, active lifestyle. We are excited to work with the Chicago Fire to make a positive impact in the community and across the country."
An advert about the new deal can be seen here.
The price of milk dominated headlines in the UK this week, with farmers gathering at a summit to air their views on the implications of the cuts and discuss what can be done. Elsewhere, French retaile...
UK dairy farmers this week gathered at a summit in London to air their views on recent cuts in prices to liquid milk and the implications of the cuts. In the US, PepsiCo and Müller made the much-antic...
PepsiCo has announced plans to open its sixth manufacturing plant in China, in a bid to drive its growth in the market....
Muller Quaker Dairy, the US joint venture between Muller and PepsiCo, has confirmed its plans to enter the dairy category in the country with the launch of a line of premium yoghurts....
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report