US: PepsiCo signs Quaker soccer sponsorship deal
Quaker will sponsor the Chicago Fire soccer team
PepsiCo has signed a sponsorship deal for its Quaker cereals brand with the Chicago Fire soccer club in the US.
Quaker has been named as the official "breakfast foods and nutritious snacks partner" of the club and will sponsor the Major League Soccer team's jersey.
"It's an honour to partner with a trusted Chicago-based brand like Quaker Oats that shares the same sense of community as the Chicago Fire," Chicago Fire owner Andrew Hauptman said yesterday (17 January). "As a sports team, we know the importance of staying active, eating right and hope to inspire others to do the same. Our players are incredibly proud to don the Quaker name as they hit the field during the 2012 season."
The brand will also sponsor the Chicago Fire Juniors, the club's youth player development programme, and a seating section at Toyota Park, the club's stadium.
Jose Luis Prado, president of PepsiCo's Quaker Foods and Snacks North America divison, said: "This partnership exemplifies our commitment to promoting a healthy, active lifestyle. We are excited to work with the Chicago Fire to make a positive impact in the community and across the country."
An advert about the new deal can be seen here.
The price of milk dominated headlines in the UK this week, with farmers gathering at a summit to air their views on the implications of the cuts and discuss what can be done. Elsewhere, French retaile...
UK dairy farmers this week gathered at a summit in London to air their views on recent cuts in prices to liquid milk and the implications of the cuts. In the US, PepsiCo and Müller made the much-antic...
PepsiCo has announced plans to open its sixth manufacturing plant in China, in a bid to drive its growth in the market....
Muller Quaker Dairy, the US joint venture between Muller and PepsiCo, has confirmed its plans to enter the dairy category in the country with the launch of a line of premium yoghurts....
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- Infographic: Snapshot of Japan's food sector
- On the money: Solid Lindt outpaces chocolate peers
- Spotlight: What could be impact of Russia's ban?
- Briefing: Expansion agenda of Japan's food majors
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Profits up at chocolate group Lindt
- Japan's Sanyo takes stake in Olam's food biz
- New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
- David Chapman's Ice Cream Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: Merger and Acquisitions May 2014
- Food Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Other Dairy in Russia