USA: PepsiCo - still hoping for Quaker approval - COMMENT (Members)
PepsiCo is insisting that its $14 billion merger with Quaker Oats will be approved. PepsiCo still expects the FTC to give the merger the green light, despite leaked reports that the deal may be rejected. PepsiCo will need to convince the FTC that it will be held in check by competitors and won't abuse its power over the convenience store trade. This may involve selling its Allsport brand to a powerful rival such as Cadbury Schweppes.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega