US: PepsiCo takes Twistos baked snacks into US
The baked Twistos bites have been on sale in Canada and South America
PepsiCo has decided to launch its Twistos Baked Snack Bites brand, already available in Canada and South America, into the US.
The company is rolling out three flavours - bruschetta, parmesan and garlic, as well as asiago - into its domestic market.
Asked if PepsiCo was positioning the baked snack as a healthier alternative, the company said the bites were "a delicious and versatile snack option to enjoy throughout the day".
However, it added: "Compared to other products in the cracker aisle, Twistos Baked Snack Bites are among the lower-calorie snack options, with 130 to 140 calories per 1-oz. serving (24 to 27 pieces per serving). Similar to any snack, Twistos Baked Snack Bites can be part of a balanced diet when consumed in moderation."
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities