US: PepsiCo takes Twistos baked snacks into US
The baked Twistos bites have been on sale in Canada and South America
PepsiCo has decided to launch its Twistos Baked Snack Bites brand, already available in Canada and South America, into the US.
The company is rolling out three flavours - bruschetta, parmesan and garlic, as well as asiago - into its domestic market.
Asked if PepsiCo was positioning the baked snack as a healthier alternative, the company said the bites were "a delicious and versatile snack option to enjoy throughout the day".
However, it added: "Compared to other products in the cracker aisle, Twistos Baked Snack Bites are among the lower-calorie snack options, with 130 to 140 calories per 1-oz. serving (24 to 27 pieces per serving). Similar to any snack, Twistos Baked Snack Bites can be part of a balanced diet when consumed in moderation."
Synopsis Canadean's "PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contai...
PepsiCo, Inc. (PEP) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalD...
In 2013, although heavily dependent on snacks, PepsiCo posted strong financials, and again increased its returns to investors. Recent acquisitions/joint ventures, such as Tingyi, Müller Quaker Dairy a...
PepsiCo has benefited from its strong presence in sweet and savoury snacks, which continue to make up the majority of its sales in packaged food. It did however reduce its reliance on this category wi...
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- On the money: Hormel still looking for M&A
- Fonterra, Beingmate launch infant formula JV
- Mondelez eyes snacks categories in India
- UK firm Pasta Reale enters administration
- Italy yoghurt woes lead to Emmi profit warning
- H1 profits down at dairy group FrieslandCampina