US: PepsiCo takes Twistos baked snacks into US
The baked Twistos bites have been on sale in Canada and South America
PepsiCo has decided to launch its Twistos Baked Snack Bites brand, already available in Canada and South America, into the US.
The company is rolling out three flavours - bruschetta, parmesan and garlic, as well as asiago - into its domestic market.
Asked if PepsiCo was positioning the baked snack as a healthier alternative, the company said the bites were "a delicious and versatile snack option to enjoy throughout the day".
However, it added: "Compared to other products in the cracker aisle, Twistos Baked Snack Bites are among the lower-calorie snack options, with 130 to 140 calories per 1-oz. serving (24 to 27 pieces per serving). Similar to any snack, Twistos Baked Snack Bites can be part of a balanced diet when consumed in moderation."
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- What lies ahead for Tyrrells and Amplify?
- Interview, part 1: Emmi CEO Urs Riedener
- Murray Goulburn's FY results - 7 things to learn
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Australia launches dairy sector probe
- Smucker cuts forecast as sales decline
- Lotus Bakeries enjoys growth organically, via M&A
- Emmi earnings grow but sales outlook lowered