US: PepsiCo takes Twistos baked snacks into US
The baked Twistos bites have been on sale in Canada and South America
PepsiCo has decided to launch its Twistos Baked Snack Bites brand, already available in Canada and South America, into the US.
The company is rolling out three flavours - bruschetta, parmesan and garlic, as well as asiago - into its domestic market.
Asked if PepsiCo was positioning the baked snack as a healthier alternative, the company said the bites were "a delicious and versatile snack option to enjoy throughout the day".
However, it added: "Compared to other products in the cracker aisle, Twistos Baked Snack Bites are among the lower-calorie snack options, with 130 to 140 calories per 1-oz. serving (24 to 27 pieces per serving). Similar to any snack, Twistos Baked Snack Bites can be part of a balanced diet when consumed in moderation."
Business Monitor International's Egypt Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory bod...
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- How discounters unsettling Australia's food sector
- Colian hungry for international growth - interview
- Why trust is key in US natural food sector
- Dairy Crest to focus on brands, ingredients
- General Mills invests in another US SME
- US food labels to include "added sugars" info
- ABP Food Group names COO Frank Stephenson new CEO
- Kraft Heinz to expand US plant