US: PepsiCo takes Twistos baked snacks into US
The baked Twistos bites have been on sale in Canada and South America
PepsiCo has decided to launch its Twistos Baked Snack Bites brand, already available in Canada and South America, into the US.
The company is rolling out three flavours - bruschetta, parmesan and garlic, as well as asiago - into its domestic market.
Asked if PepsiCo was positioning the baked snack as a healthier alternative, the company said the bites were "a delicious and versatile snack option to enjoy throughout the day".
However, it added: "Compared to other products in the cracker aisle, Twistos Baked Snack Bites are among the lower-calorie snack options, with 130 to 140 calories per 1-oz. serving (24 to 27 pieces per serving). Similar to any snack, Twistos Baked Snack Bites can be part of a balanced diet when consumed in moderation."
In 2013, although heavily dependent on snacks, PepsiCo posted strong financials, and again increased its returns to investors. Recent acquisitions/joint ventures, such as Tingyi, Müller Quaker Dairy a...
Within a very restrictive business environment, PepsiCo’s strategy is aimed at directing resources – both physical and human – towards core production lines which use local components (for example ext...
Synopsis The Canadean Global Top 10 Food Companies: Company Guide is a crucial resource for anyone looking to gain information on the top companies in the global food industry. Detailed company profil...
Synopsis The Canadean Global Top 10 Beverage Companies: Company Guide is a crucial resource for anyone looking to gain information on the top companies in the global beverage industry. Detailed compan...
- Mead Johnson wrestles "irrational" Chinese market
- Campbell Soup Co.'s M&A plans should avoid fresh
- On the money: Unilever aims to get food growing
- 10 things to learn: Campbell's plans for growth
- Interview: Flapjacked looks to ride protein wave
- Hain Celestial buys plant-based food firm Mona
- Danone eyes "return to growth" in fresh dairy
- Nestle replaces India MD after Maggi scandal
- UPDATE: Danone merges Dumex with Mengniu
- Sainsbury's launches kids frozen meal range