US: PepsiCo takes Twistos baked snacks into US
The baked Twistos bites have been on sale in Canada and South America
PepsiCo has decided to launch its Twistos Baked Snack Bites brand, already available in Canada and South America, into the US.
The company is rolling out three flavours - bruschetta, parmesan and garlic, as well as asiago - into its domestic market.
Asked if PepsiCo was positioning the baked snack as a healthier alternative, the company said the bites were "a delicious and versatile snack option to enjoy throughout the day".
However, it added: "Compared to other products in the cracker aisle, Twistos Baked Snack Bites are among the lower-calorie snack options, with 130 to 140 calories per 1-oz. serving (24 to 27 pieces per serving). Similar to any snack, Twistos Baked Snack Bites can be part of a balanced diet when consumed in moderation."
In 2013, although heavily dependent on snacks, PepsiCo posted strong financials, and again increased its returns to investors. Recent acquisitions/joint ventures, such as Tingyi, Müller Quaker Dairy a...
Synopsis The Canadean Global Top 10 Beverage Companies: Company Guide is a crucial resource for anyone looking to gain information on the top companies in the global beverage industry. Detailed compan...
"The Future of the Pasta & Noodles Market in India to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company re...
"The Future of the Pasta & Noodles Market in Thailand to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company...
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- Comment: Hain Celestial cognisant of US challenges
- What should you learn from 2015 olive oil prices?
- Why Lactalis swooped for Romanian dairy Albalact
- just-food's three top tips for M&A deals in 2016
- Mondelez continues to see margins up, sales mixed
- Hain Celestial lifted by international, protein
- China eyes further infant formula restrictions
- Unilever launches eggless Hellmann's mayo in US
- Coca-Cola to invest in Nigerian dairy group Chi