US: PepsiCo to close Dallas snack facility
PepsiCo consolidates manufacturing footprint
PepsiCo has confirmed that it plans to close its Dallas-based snack production facility and warehouse operations in a bid to "eliminate redundancy and increase operating efficiencies".
The site, which began production in 1984, manufactured Doritos, Cheetos and Chester's branded products. Production will "transfer to other manufacturing sites across the US", a spokesperson said. Production will cease in August.
"The closing of our Dallas baked snacks facility and the Dallas metro warehouse will require us to make changes with some positions and eliminate positions in the Dallas Fort Worth area (approximately 0.3% of our US workforce). This transition will start immediately," the spokesperson said.
"Ultimately these steps position us for continued healthy, sustainable growth. We believe the actions we're taking are necessary for the long-term health of our business."
Synopsis Canadean's "PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contai...
In 2013, although heavily dependent on snacks, PepsiCo posted strong financials, and again increased its returns to investors. Recent acquisitions/joint ventures, such as Tingyi, Müller Quaker Dairy a...
PepsiCo do Brasil is expected to strengthen its presence in biscuits through brand extensions of popular and traditional brands such as Toddy and Quaker, which received investment to introduce biscuit...
Within a very restrictive business environment, PepsiCo’s strategy is aimed at directing resources – both physical and human – towards core production lines which use local components (for example ext...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Global factors hold sway over UK milk prices
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Greencore expands UK, US sales
- Yildiz prepares to list dairy arm AK Gida
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits