US: PepsiCo to close Dallas snack facility
PepsiCo consolidates manufacturing footprint
PepsiCo has confirmed that it plans to close its Dallas-based snack production facility and warehouse operations in a bid to "eliminate redundancy and increase operating efficiencies".
The site, which began production in 1984, manufactured Doritos, Cheetos and Chester's branded products. Production will "transfer to other manufacturing sites across the US", a spokesperson said. Production will cease in August.
"The closing of our Dallas baked snacks facility and the Dallas metro warehouse will require us to make changes with some positions and eliminate positions in the Dallas Fort Worth area (approximately 0.3% of our US workforce). This transition will start immediately," the spokesperson said.
"Ultimately these steps position us for continued healthy, sustainable growth. We believe the actions we're taking are necessary for the long-term health of our business."
Synopsis Canadean's "PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contai...
PepsiCo, Inc. (PEP) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalD...
In 2013, although heavily dependent on snacks, PepsiCo posted strong financials, and again increased its returns to investors. Recent acquisitions/joint ventures, such as Tingyi, Müller Quaker Dairy a...
PepsiCo has benefited from its strong presence in sweet and savoury snacks, which continue to make up the majority of its sales in packaged food. It did however reduce its reliance on this category wi...
- Focus: The impact of Heinz's stevia ketchup
- Focus: Gen Mills turns to M&A to bolster US ops
- Comment: Kingsmill "youth" appeal bodes well
- BRICs: How dairy deal bolsters Lactalis and BRF
- Viewpoint: US health food in play - at a price
- Arla joins race for Egypt's Arab Dairy
- Glanbia to buy US sports nutrition firm Isopure
- Mondelez pauses production at Cadbury Oz site
- Danone to close plant in Russia
- Burton's "eyeing" United Biscuits merger