US: PepsiCo to launch Tapatio hot sauce-flavoured crisp range
PepsiCo plans to launch a range of Tapatio hot sauce-flavoured crisps, including a Doritos variety
PepsiCo today (5 April) revealed plans to launch a range of Tapatio hot-sauce flavoured crisp products in the US.
The manufacturer's Frito-Lay North America division announced plans for the introduction of Tapatio hot sauce-flavoured Doritos tortilla chips, Fritos corn chips and Ruffles in potato chips.
The range will be offered in grocery and convenience stores in the western and central regions of the US later this month.
It said that the three Tapatio flavoured products contain a "unique combination of red chili peppers, spices and a hint of garlic" and will offer an "entirely new taste experience reminiscent of spicy Mexican cuisine".
Frito-Lay said the range has been launched in partnership with the family behind the Tapatio brand.
"Since first entering the market four decades ago, Tapatio hot sauce has become a must-have for consumers looking to add authentic Mexican flavour to meals and snacks," said Dorothy Jones, Frito-Lay North America senior director of innovation. "We're so excited to now bring that exceptional flavour - a perfect blend of heat and smokiness - to some of our most popular Frito-Lay brands, and satisfy consumers eager for hotter, spicier foods."
The range will be available for a SRP of US$0.99 for small bags and $2.99 for large bags.
PepsiCo plans to launch healthier snacks in Mexico to meet laws targeting obesity - and use its investment there as a base to sell the products further afield....
US food and drink maker PepsiCo has appointed Electrolux executive Enderson Guimaraes as president of its global operations....
Tesco announced a revamp of its promotional strategy in the UK last week, a move that was immediately criticised by its rivals. However, grocers in Scotland were united in their opposition to a tax on...
PepsiCo has set up a project it hopes will increase chickpea production and promote long-term nutritional and economic security in Ethiopia....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review