UK: PepsiCo ventures into popped snacks market
PepsiCo says Walkers Pops are created with 50% less fat than fried potato crisps
PepsiCo has announced the launch of Walkers Pops, a lower-fat popped potato snack, in the UK.
The popped snacks swap the usual frying method for an air-popping process that, PepsiCo claims, means they are a healthier alternative to conventionally produced chips.
Marketing director at Walkers, Thomas Barkholt, said: "At Walkers we set out to create a delicious new family snack. Walkers Pops are air-popped rather than fried, providing all the taste but with 50% less fat."
Walkers Pops features four flavours: Original, Melted Cheese and Crispy Bacon, Sour Cream and Onion, and Prawn Cocktail and will be available across the UK from 15 February.
Multipacks of six will be priced at GBP1.99 (US $3.29) and single packs at GBP0.63p
Walkers have announced an exciting new addition to its product range with the launch of flavour-packed Walkers Pops. Using all its snacking know-how Walkers Pops are ‘air popped’ to give them a unique explosion of flavour with a surprising 50% less fat than standard potato crisps*.
Created with the whole family in mind, the experts at Walkers have been busy behind the scenes coming up with a perfect new snack to add to its range. Swapping the usual frying method for a special air-popping process, the result is a deliciously light potato snack that can be enjoyed any time
The team at Walkers has also experimented on flavour to bring Walkers Pops to life with four mouth-watering offerings; Original, Melted Cheese and Crispy Bacon, Sour Cream and Onion, and Prawn Cocktail. They will be available across the UK from February 15th
Thomas Barkholt, Marketing Director at Walkers, said: “At Walkers we set out to create a delicious new family snack. Walkers Pops are air-popped rather than fried, providing all the taste but with 50% less fat*.”
Walkers Pops will be available in four flavours Original, Sour Cream and Onion, Melted Cheese & Crispy Bacon and Prawn Cocktail, in multipacks of six, with an RSP of £1.99. They are also available in single bags in Original and Melted Cheese & Crispy Bacon with an RSP of £0.63.
Original source: PepsiCo
In 2013, although heavily dependent on snacks, PepsiCo posted strong financials, and again increased its returns to investors. Recent acquisitions/joint ventures, such as Tingyi, Müller Quaker Dairy a...
Within a very restrictive business environment, PepsiCo’s strategy is aimed at directing resources – both physical and human – towards core production lines which use local components (for example ext...
From horsemeat to Heinz and from the flurry of M&A in baby food to the continued rise of gluten free, in this end-of-year management briefing, just-food rounds up the stories and issues that dominated...
Synopsis The Canadean Global Top 10 Food Companies: Company Guide is a crucial resource for anyone looking to gain information on the top companies in the global food industry. Detailed company profil...
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- Greencore convenience focus delivers growth
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details