FRANCE: PepsiCo/Danone - a storm in a yogurt pot (COMMENT)
Rumours of a bid by PepsiCo for Danone sent the French dairy firm's shares soaring, but led to an outcry among French politicians worried about the loss of a 'national champion'. PepsiCo's insistence that no offer was planned suggests these fears were exaggerated this time round. However, the row will likely deter foreign suitors from bidding for Danone in future.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin