MEXICO: PepsiCo's Sabritas to launch healthier crisps
Mexican snack food company Sabritas, a unit of US snacks and soft drinks giant PepsiCo, is launching a new line of healthier crisps.
Sabritas said it was following consumer needs and preferences, reported Dow Jones International News. The company's own market research has indicated that around 18% of people in Mexico watch their diets and try to eat healthily, with this figure expected to grow to 30% soon.
Sabritas had few options for healthy eaters, but now expects its market share to be boosted with the launch of Sunchips multi-grain and plantain chips.
PepsiCo yesterday (2 January) announced the acquisition of Star Foods, one of Poland's leading savoury snack producers....
Consumer goods giant Sara Lee Corporation has announced today that it has reached agreement on the principal terms and conditions for the sale of its European nuts and snacks business in the Netherlan...
Snacks and soft drinks giant PepsiCo has announced its agreement, pending government approval, to purchase Stacy's Pita Chip Company, the top-selling maker of pita chips with sales approaching $60m th...
US snacks giant Frito-Lay, part of PepsiCo, has announced that it is to cut between 200 and 250 jobs as part of a move to streamline its organisation....
Frito-Lay India, the Indian snacks division of US giant PepsiCo, is set to launch several Quaker breakfast cereal brands onto the Indian market by the end of the year....
US snacks and soft drinks giant PepsiCo has reported lower third-quarter profit, due to a tax charge related to international profit repatriation....
Food and drink company Pepsico is to close its Walkers snack factory in Swansea, in South Wales, with the loss of 250 jobs, reports the BBC....
Snack company Smith's Snackfood Company today (Tuesday) announced it has acquired Sakata Rice Snacks Australia....
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat