BRAZIL: Perdigao boosts milk output with sixth site
Brazilian meat and dairy group Perdigao is to build a powdered milk processing plant in the state of Rio Grande do Sul.
The company said the plant, which will be located in Três de Maio, 500km from the city of Porto Alegre, will take 20 months to build and cost BRL65m (US$39.7m).
The facility will be Perdigao's second unit in Três de Maio, where it already runs a site that produces mozzarella.
The plant will also be the company's sixth powdered milk site in Brazil.
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund