USA: Perdigao Takes Bigger Bite of Brazilian Food Market
Perdigao S.A. (OTC Bulletin Board: PDGOY), one of Brazil's food companies, today reported first half 2000 net income up 7.4 percent to R$ 11.3 million. Consolidated sales came to R$ 934.7 million, representing growth of 14.8 percent under Corporate Law.The performance drivers for the half were a 23.1 percent increase in the volume of meat sales, and even higher sales of other processed products such as ready-to-eat dishes (pastas, pizzas, etc.) that have become increasingly significant factors in Perdigao's financial results."Despite our favorable numbers, the Company's results for the six months were held in check by lower prices, especially in the export markets, and higher costs for our main raw materials -- corn and soybeans -- which remained at levels above those of last year, squeezing margins of the sector", Chief Financial Officer Wang Wei Chang said.Total investments during the six-month period reached R$ 126.2 million, directed mainly to the Buriti Project, in Rio Verde, Goias state, to the acquisition and expansion of Frigorifico Batavia, and modernization and enlargement of the Lages plant in Santa Catarina state, where frozen ready-to-eat pasta production lines are being installed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report