USA: Perdue reaches new US$10m back pay deal with 60,000 employees
Lawyers representing over 60,000 Perdue Farms chicken processing workers announced yesterday [Wednesday] that a settlement of the private class action lawsuit for wage and hour violations against Perdue has been reached. Under the new settlement, Perdue will pay US$10m for wages lost by its chicken processing employees and attorneys' fees and costs. The deal has been granted preliminary approval by the court, but is subject to final approval after notice to the class has been issued.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO