USA: Perdue reaches new US$10m back pay deal with 60,000 employees
Lawyers representing over 60,000 Perdue Farms chicken processing workers announced yesterday [Wednesday] that a settlement of the private class action lawsuit for wage and hour violations against Perdue has been reached. Under the new settlement, Perdue will pay US$10m for wages lost by its chicken processing employees and attorneys' fees and costs. The deal has been granted preliminary approval by the court, but is subject to final approval after notice to the class has been issued.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark