INDIA/ITALY: Perfetti rolls out functional chewing gum in India
Italian sugar confectioner Perfetti is rolling out its new Happydent White teeth-whitening gum in the booming Indian market. Happydent White is the first teeth-whitening gum to hit the Indian chewing and bubble gum market, which is worth some Rs300 crore (US$64m). Perfetti believes India is an ideal market in which to launch Happydent White, which has been tested in the University of Zurich, as Indian food contains generous measures of colouring agents such as turmeric and chilli, which yellows teeth.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods