CHINA: Perfetti Van Melle partners with Beanstalk in Chupa Chups China push
Chupa Chups brand extended in China
Beanstalk will "leverage Chupa Chups' unique heritage and strong emotional connection with sweets lovers" to extend the brand to lifestyle categories. Brand extensions will include apparel, personal care, video games, apps, sporting goods, home textiles, stationery, gifts, pet accessories, among others, Beanstalk said.
Marta Ballesteros, Perfetti Van Melle's senior brand manager for licensing at Chupa Chups, commented: "Over the years, we have successfully extended our core brand values into exciting product categories for our fans. We are thrilled to be expanding our licensing programme into another important market."
Beanstalk already partners with Perfetti Van Melle in the United States, where it has represented its Airheads brand since 2009.
According to the Chupa Chups website, the then-independent iconic Spanish lollipop business established Shanghai Chupa Chups. Ltd. (China) in 1994. Perfetti Van Melle, which acquired Chupa Chups in 2006, now operates two a large-scale production facilities in the country.
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- How to win in Australian gluten-free cereal
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Brexit - Europe's food makers call result "a blow"
- Brexit - Irish food export agency sounds warning
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights