CHINA: Perfetti Van Melle partners with Beanstalk in Chupa Chups China push
Chupa Chups brand extended in China
Beanstalk will "leverage Chupa Chups' unique heritage and strong emotional connection with sweets lovers" to extend the brand to lifestyle categories. Brand extensions will include apparel, personal care, video games, apps, sporting goods, home textiles, stationery, gifts, pet accessories, among others, Beanstalk said.
Marta Ballesteros, Perfetti Van Melle's senior brand manager for licensing at Chupa Chups, commented: "Over the years, we have successfully extended our core brand values into exciting product categories for our fans. We are thrilled to be expanding our licensing programme into another important market."
Beanstalk already partners with Perfetti Van Melle in the United States, where it has represented its Airheads brand since 2009.
According to the Chupa Chups website, the then-independent iconic Spanish lollipop business established Shanghai Chupa Chups. Ltd. (China) in 1994. Perfetti Van Melle, which acquired Chupa Chups in 2006, now operates two a large-scale production facilities in the country.
- Nestle catering for an ageing global population
- What post-Brexit trade with the EU could look like
- Unilever is "working harder" in tough environment
- Mondelez on China, Hershey and Q2 results
- Food companies can lead on workplace nutrition
- Kar's gets Non-GMO verification for Second Nature
- Kerry Foods sets its sights on C-sector
- Tesco drops John West products over sustainability
- Greencore pays GBP15m for Cranswick sandwich unit
- Job cuts imminent as General Mills restructures