USA: Performance Food appoints new CEO
US food distributor Performance Food Group has announced that Robert C. Sledd, chairman of the company, has been elected chief executive officer.
Sledd, who served as Performance Food's chief executive officer from 1987 to 2001, is replacing C. Michael Gray, who has announced his resignation as chief executive and has also resigned from the board of directors.
"I am confident that our strategic direction is sound and that 2004 will result in another year of solid performance," Sledd said.
In February the company reported lower fourth-quarter earnings, as its operations were hit by higher raw product costs.
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review