USA: Performance Food Group acquires Fresh Express
Adds category leader in the rapidly growing fresh-cut produce industry Adds over $500 million annually to Performance Food Group's revenues Expands fresh-cut expertise in retail food segment Performance Food Group (Nasdaq/NM: PFGC) yesterday announced that it has completed the acquisition of Fresh Express, the nation's largest independent fresh-cut produce processor. The total purchase price for the acquisition was approximately $302.6 million in cash, which includes the repayment of net debt outstanding, and the assumption of certain liabilities. An additional $10 million will be payable upon the achievement of certain operating targets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat