USA: Performance Food Group acquires Thoms-Proestler Co
Performance Food Group, food product distributor and marketer, has acquired the Thoms-Proestler Company, a privately-owned, broadline foodservice distributor based in Rock Island, Illinois. The transaction is valued at about US$95m, which represents the consideration for the acquisition of Thoms-Proestler's outstanding voting and non-voting securities as well as the assumption of certain liabilities, and has been structured to provide for tax-deductible goodwill.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast