USA: Performance Food Group reports 2001 sales of US$3.2bn
Performance Food Group (Nasdaq/NM:PFGC - news) yesterday announced what it called "a new high" in net sales and net earnings for the three months and full year ended 29 December, 2001. Sales for the fourth quarter of 2001 amounted to US$920.1m, up 36% from US$678.0m in the year-earlier period. Net earnings for the quarter increased 70% to US$13.5m compared with US$7.9m a year ago. Net earnings per share for the quarter increased 24% to US$0.31 per share diluted on 41% more shares outstanding compared with net earnings of US$0.25 per share diluted in the year-earlier quarter.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action