USA: Performance Food says Chiquita deal means it can focus on core business
Performance Food Group says its agreement to sell its subsidiaries in the fresh cut produce segment for $855m to Chiquita Brands International will enable it to concentrate on its core foodservice business.
Net proceeds after taxes and expenses related to the transaction are expected to be approximately $695m, Performance Food said.
"The sale of Fresh-cut represents an exciting new opportunity for the segment to maximize its future growth potential and achieve its long term strategies by partnering with a respected industry leader," said Bob Sledd, chairman and CEO of Performance Food.
"This sale will enable Performance Food Group to focus entirely on our core foodservice distribution businesses," he said "We expect to use approximately $290m from the net proceeds of the sale to repay all of the company's indebtedness, including estimated prepayment penalties."
"The balance of these net proceeds will be used primarily for a significant return of capital to shareholders through either share repurchases, cash dividends or some combination of the two," he said. "We expect this will leave the company well positioned to pursue continued growth opportunities in the future."
Companies: Chiquita Brands International
US fresh produce firm Chiquita Brands International has announced that Kevin Holland has joined the company as senior vice president of human resources....
Fresh produce company Chiquita Brands International Inc said that its port facilities at Gulfport, Mississippi, were severely damaged by hurricane Katrina....
Fresh produce company Chiquita Brands International has reported rises in sales and income for the second quarter ended 30 June, helped by higher banana prices and favourable exchange rates in Europe....
Food service company Performance Food Group has announced rises in sales and earnings for the second quarter ended 2 July 2005....
Fresh produce company Chiquita Brands International has announced a series of senior management changes, among them that its board of directors has elected Tanios E Viviani as president of Fresh Expre...
Fresh produce company Chiquita as announced that it has completed its acquisition of the Fresh Express unit of Performance Food Group....
Chiquita Brands International has announced a new public private partner ship with the German Technical Co-operation (GTZ - Gesellschaft für Technische Zusammenarbeit) the Nogal Nature and Community P...
US fresh produce company Chiquita Brands International has issued a statement saying that it has become aware that certain of its employees had shared pricing and volume information over many years ...
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review