USA: Performance Food sees Q2 net earnings up 107%
Richmond, Va.-based food producer Performance Food Group (PFG) has posted a new quarterly high in net sales and net earnings for its Q2 ended 29 June 2002. Sales for the Q2 2002 amounted to US$1.07bn, up 34% from US$794.8m in the year-earlier period. Net earnings increased 107% to US$22.3m compared with US$10.8m a year ago, and net earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter increased 68% to US$0.47 per share diluted on 36% more shares outstanding compared with US$0.28 per share diluted in the Q2 2001. PFG explained however that net EPS in the Q2 2001 reflected the adoption of the new accounting standards regarding amortisation of intangible assets, and would have been US$0.31 per share, diluted.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Pladis stepping up growth investments
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report