USA: Performance Food sees Q2 net earnings up 107%
Richmond, Va.-based food producer Performance Food Group (PFG) has posted a new quarterly high in net sales and net earnings for its Q2 ended 29 June 2002. Sales for the Q2 2002 amounted to US$1.07bn, up 34% from US$794.8m in the year-earlier period. Net earnings increased 107% to US$22.3m compared with US$10.8m a year ago, and net earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter increased 68% to US$0.47 per share diluted on 36% more shares outstanding compared with US$0.28 per share diluted in the Q2 2001. PFG explained however that net EPS in the Q2 2001 reflected the adoption of the new accounting standards regarding amortisation of intangible assets, and would have been US$0.31 per share, diluted.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO