USA: Personal sized watermelons are being market tested
Shippers have recently been test-marketing a new variety of watermelons dubbed "personal-sized" because they are just large enough to serve one or two people. Officials from the California Farm Bureau Federation have revealed that the new melons, which have been on the shelves in various locations, are currently produced in Florida. Similar fruits from the Southern California desert are expected to reach shop selves within the next month, however.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs