USA: Personal sized watermelons are being market tested
Shippers have recently been test-marketing a new variety of watermelons dubbed "personal-sized" because they are just large enough to serve one or two people.
Officials from the California Farm Bureau Federation have revealed that the new melons, which have been on the shelves in various locations, are currently produced in Florida. Similar fruits from the Southern California desert are expected to reach shop selves within the next month, however.
The smaller sized melons are just as sweet and juicy as their larger counterparts.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant