BRAZIL: Pestana quits as CEO of retail giant CBD
CBD names new CEO
Enéas Pestana, the chief executive of CBD, Brazil's largest retailer, has resigned after three years in charge.
Pestana, who was promoted from his previous role of COO in 2010, has spent over a decade at the retailer, also known by its trading name of Grupo Pao de Acucar, or GPA.
"This is the right moment for the conclusion of an important cycle at the leadership of GPA. I have completed an important phase in my life after dedicating 11 years to the development of this company," Pestana said.
CBD said director Ronaldo Iabrudi would replace Pestana. Iabrudi is a former chief executive at Brazilian telecoms group Telemar, railroad operator Ferrovia Centro Atlantica commodities supplier Magnesita. He said it was an "honour" to replace an executive of Pestana's calibre.
"His internal leadership and capacity are examples to be followed. I am sure that GPA, with all our team, will continue on its path of success, growth, leadership and improvement of the good practices of management and governance," Iabrudi said.
Notice to the Market
Ronaldo Iabrudi is appointed as Chief Executive Officer of GPA
São Paulo, January 20, 2014 - The Company hereby informs the market that, on the date hereof, the Chief Executive Officer, Enéas Pestana, presented his resignation letter to the Board of Directors. The Chairman of the Board of Directors proposed to the Board the name of Ronaldo Iabrudi, currently a board member of the Company, to replace him, having been elected today.
Enéas Pestana said: "This is the right moment for the conclusion of an important cycle at the leadership of GPA. I have completed an important phase in my life after dedicating 11 years to the development of this Company. I‘m proud to have led GPA so far, and I wish a lot of success to Ronaldo."
Jean-Charles Naouri, Chairman of the Board of the Company stated the following:
"GPA is grateful to Enéas for all that he represented to the Company in the past eleven years. His outstanding performance and loyalty to the Company‘s interest, even in the most difficult moments, deserve all due respect. The valuable experience of Ronaldo, coupled with his great professional talent, will strongly contribute to the development and success of GPA."
Ronaldo Iabrudi stated: "The appointment to succeed an executive like Enéas is an honor. His internal leadership and capacity are examples to be followed. I am sure that GPA, with all our team, will continue on its path of success, growth, leadership and improvement of the good practices of management and governance."
Original source: CBD
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao (PCAR4) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has...
Synopsis Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the latest happenings in the global confectionery market throughout the month. The monthly report provides the reader with ...
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- What the analysts say: Unilever's mixed 2014
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Unilever revenues disappoint as food sales fall
- Findus: "No sale process underway" in UK
- Lifeway Foods CEO denies sale talks
- Hovis CFO Michael Kennedy exits
- Weston Foods acquires Creative Occasions
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019