USA: Peta list recognises schools supporting vegetarians and vegans
A list compiled by the campaigning group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (Peta) has put two New England schools among the top ten schools in the US for supporting a vegetarian or vegan diet. At Smith and Bowdoin colleges standard school dinner fare includes dishes such as tempeh cacciatore, vegan shepherd's pie and craisin beet cake.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations