UK: Peter's launches Heinz Big pies and pasties
Heinz Big pies and pasties
UK group Peter's Food Service will extend the range of Heinz branded products it produces under licence to include Heinz Big on-the-go pies and pasties.
At present, the Heinz Big portfolio includes soups and frozen ready meals. Heinz Big brand manager Chris Isaac said the move into the chilled pastry sector was a "natural extension" for the brand, which targets male consumers.
The 235g pies will be available in five varieties - steak potato & HP brown sauce; steak and onion; steak and vegetable; chicken and bacon; and chicken and leek. The first pies will hit the shelves this month, Peter's said.
In April, Peter's will launch Heinz Big pasties. Four varieties will be on offer - meat feast, steak potato & HP brown sauce, chicken & bacon and Angus steak & vegetable.
The pies will have an RRP of GBP1.65 (US$2.76) and the pasties an RRP of GBP1.50.
Peter's already produces a line of Heinz brand pastries under licence. Launched in 2013, the company said it has experienced strong demand for the slices and rolls, which are still growing distribution.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Heinz Foodservice is focused on sales and promotion of its branded condiments, sauces, soups and tomato products targeting full-service, quick-serve and non-commercial restaurants. The company offers ...
The principal strategy of Heinz México SA de CV involves targeting its sales towards the consumer foodservice industry and establishing successful alliances with large chained consumer foodservice ope...
Heinz was acquired in 2013 by 3G Capital and Berkshire Hathaway in a US$28 billion deal. The company will receive significantly greater resources to expand its presence in emerging markets where it ha...
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019