SINGAPORE: Petra Foods names director of cocoa sustainability
Cocoa manufacturer Petra Foods has appointed Marc Donaldson to the newly-created role of director of cocoa sustainability.
The Singapore-based cocoa supplier and chocolate manufacturer said Donaldson would head the firm's recently established Social Economic Environmental Development for Sustainability programme (SEEDS). The company said it has been promoting cocoa sustainability in several producing countries around the world and it has decided to group its efforts under a single programme.
Petra Foods CEO John Chuang said today (26 August): "The creation of this new position reflects the tremendous importance with which Petra regards the issue of sustainability."
"SEEDS is now the global master-plan that will drive the group's cocoa sustainability initiatives, and we believe that Marc is the right person to head up this initiative for Petra. Marc has more than 25 years of experience in the cocoa and chocolate industry."
Donaldson previously served as head of Petra's operations in Europe, overseeing Delfi Cocoa (Europe)'s operations and its subsidiaries from 2008 to 2009.
Last month, Petra announced that it would team up with Nestle to work on improving cocoa production in Indonesia.
Last year, Petra signed a deal with US peer Blommer Chocolate Co. and French chocolate maker Cemoi to improve cocoa production in Cote d'Ivoire.
The three companies formed a venture dubbed PACTS, or the Processors Alliance for Cocoa Traceability and Sustainability, to set up 30 fermentation centres in the African country.
CAGNY, the annual industry investment conference in the US, was once again full of debate on the challenges and opportunities that the global food sector is confronting and exploiting....
This week, just-food was kept busy with news from the Consumer Analyst Group of New York (CAGNY) conference, held in Florida....
Pfizer has insisted claims it has allowed Mead Johnson and Danone to table a joint bid for its infant nutrition business is "speculation" and said no decision has been made over the future of the divi...
Heinz chief executive Bill Johnson has suggested the US food giant would be interesting in buying any assets that could emerge if Pfizer's infant nutrition unit is sold....
US infant nutrition firm Mead Johnson and French food group Danone, the owner of Aptamil baby formula, is reportedly set to table a joint bid for the baby food business of pharma giant Pfizer....
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Fonterra's full-year results – 10 things to learn
- Trans fat studies show complexity of health debate
- ConAgra suggests there is life in old brands yet
- Why Quorn Foods auction promises to be competitive
- Quorn Foods agrees sale to Monde Nissin
- Danone, Kerry, Pulmuone also eyeing Quorn
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- McCormick India JV hit by row
- ConAgra Foods "efficiency" drive to hit 1,500 jobs
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: News and Events July 2015