SINGAPORE: Petra posts loss in Q1
- Sales dropped 3.3% to US$122.7m
- Operating income was up to USD1.3m
- Net profit dropped 2.3% to USD$13.7m
Petra Foods has posted a loss in Q1
Petra Foods has suffered a net loss for the first quarter of 2014.
The Singapore confectioner reported for the period ended 31 March a net loss of 2.3% to USD$13.7m and attributed it to the costs associated with the divestment of the cocoa ingredient business.
In addition the firm was hit by negative currency translation.
Sales were also down 3.3% for the quarter. While regonal markets performed better for Petra's branded consumer division, posting an increase in sales of 6.2%, in the Indonesian markets, sale fell 6.5% against the same period last year.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Synopsis Canadean's "Petra Foods Limited : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile ...
Confectionery in Indonesia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains d...
Confectionery comprises of chocolate, sugar confectionery, and gum. Cocoa and sugar are the raw materials for chocolate and latex is the raw material used for gum. Many new varieties of confectionery ...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global confectionery market during December 2013. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the ...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- Premier Foods hails "improving" sales trends
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report