ISM: Pez reveals product launches for 2013
Austrian confectioner Pez International has revealed a raft of products that will launch throughout 2013.
Pez is expanding its core business of candy-filled dispensers. As of this year, the company said these will be available in the form of seasonal and non-seasonal gifts.
Pez said it is also hoping to tap new sales channels and expand its global market position through the launches this year. The company is exhibiting its product innovations at the ISM confectionery show in Cologne.
"Pez has lots of new products in store for both boys and girls this year: including high-quality twinpacks containing the popular licensed classics Disney Princess or Cars. Each twinpack contains two PEZ dispensers of the respective licensed product and four PEZ Fruit candy refill packs," the company said.
Also new to the range are Hello Kitty and Pirate gift cans. Each contains four 8.5g fruit candy refill packs and a rubber hairband for girls in the Hello Kitty can and an eye patch for boys in the Pirates gift can.
Further licensed products also be developed: a Barbie tin, including four PEZ dispensers, will be released in Q2 and the Hello Kitty tin will be given a revamp with the latest characters replacing the dispensers.
- Comment: Paying the price for eating healthily
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Focus: Why French retail deals could hit suppliers
- M&A Watch: Emmi shareholders should consider sale
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Danone "eyes acquisition of Mead Johnson"
- Nestle organic sales fall on Asia, Europe
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk