US: Pfizer "nearing" sale of infant-nutrition business
Pfizer "nearing" baby food sale
The US pharmaceutical company has previously confirmed to just-food that it is "considering strategic options" for the business, including a "sale, spin-off or other transaction".
According to a report in the Wall Street Journal, Pfizer has stuck an agreement to sell the unit to Nestle for US$9bn. Meanwhile, other reports have suggested that Nestle and Danone have both submitted competing bids, valuing the business at around $10bn.
Pfizer is expected to announce a sale of the unit next week.
Last week brought further evidence of the difficulties facing food manufacturers as they look to grow their businesses in the developed markets of the US and Europe....
just-food last week brought live coverage from the GMA/FMI Sustainability Summit in Washington DC where presentations were given from members of the Environmental Defense Fund, the Rainforest Alliance...
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- General Mills launches Greek yoghurt in Australia
- Dairy Crest earnings fall
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details