UK/USA: Pfizer says no bids for Adams gum unit received yet
Hank McKinnell, chairman and CEO of chemicals group Pfizer, said he was not aware that any bids had been received for the Adams mint and chewing gum subsidiary. UK confectionery and soft drinks group Cadbury-Schweppes is hotly tipped to be finalising a bid after losing out on the sale of Hershey Foods last week. Cadbury had submitted a joint bid with Swiss giant Nestlé, which would in any case have been rejected in favour of a bid from US gum maker Wrigley had the sale of Hershey gone ahead.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report