UK/USA: Pfizer says no bids for Adams gum unit received yet
Hank McKinnell, chairman and CEO of chemicals group Pfizer, said he was not aware that any bids had been received for the Adams mint and chewing gum subsidiary. UK confectionery and soft drinks group Cadbury-Schweppes is hotly tipped to be finalising a bid after losing out on the sale of Hershey Foods last week. Cadbury had submitted a joint bid with Swiss giant Nestlé, which would in any case have been rejected in favour of a bid from US gum maker Wrigley had the sale of Hershey gone ahead.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant