USA: P&G considers Pringles, Folgers sale - report
US food and consumer goods giant Procter & Gamble is reportedly considering the sale of its snack business, which includes the Pringles crisps brand.
P&G is looking to sell the snacks business, as well as the company's Folgers coffee brand, in order to finance a bid for German consumer goods firm Beiersdorf, owner of the Nivea brand, reported the Sunday Times.
The Pringles brand has annual sales of over US$1.5bn, while Folgers has sales of around $1.1bn, and both brands are among the company's top 13 brands.
P&G chairman Alan Lafley has been quietly sounding out buyers for the snacks business, the paper said.
The arrival of the administrators at Golden Wonder, the former leading crisp manufacturer and household brand name in the UK, last week provided the coup de grace for an iconic but struggling brand th...
Tayto has announced the acquisition of the Golden Wonder manufacturing facility in Scunthorpe and the Golden Wonder Brands....
Tayto is close to winning the race to acquire what's left of the Golden Wonder snack food business, industry sources have told just-food....
Premier Foods is understood to have entered negotiations with the administrator of the beleagured UK snack food company Golden Wonder about the possible acquisition of the company's remaining assets, ...
Stephen Hutchinson, managing director of Irish snack manufacturer Tayto, confirmed the company's acquisition of the Golden Wonder factory in Corby and the contract to make Pringles' Minis for Procter ...
Tayto have confirmed a report, which appeared yesterday (12 January) on just-food, that the snack manufacturer from Northern Ireland has acquired the Corby site and contract to produce Pringles' Mini'...
Tayto is to acquire part of the beleaguered Golden Wonder business, in a deal that is expected to be announced tomorrow (13 January)....
US consumer goods giant Procter & Gamble, which owns the Pringles snacks and Folgers coffee brands, has reported higher sales and earnings for the first quarter....
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis