USA: P&G considers Pringles, Folgers sale - report
US food and consumer goods giant Procter & Gamble is reportedly considering the sale of its snack business, which includes the Pringles crisps brand.
P&G is looking to sell the snacks business, as well as the company's Folgers coffee brand, in order to finance a bid for German consumer goods firm Beiersdorf, owner of the Nivea brand, reported the Sunday Times.
The Pringles brand has annual sales of over US$1.5bn, while Folgers has sales of around $1.1bn, and both brands are among the company's top 13 brands.
P&G chairman Alan Lafley has been quietly sounding out buyers for the snacks business, the paper said.
The arrival of the administrators at Golden Wonder, the former leading crisp manufacturer and household brand name in the UK, last week provided the coup de grace for an iconic but struggling brand th...
Tayto has announced the acquisition of the Golden Wonder manufacturing facility in Scunthorpe and the Golden Wonder Brands....
Tayto is close to winning the race to acquire what's left of the Golden Wonder snack food business, industry sources have told just-food....
Premier Foods is understood to have entered negotiations with the administrator of the beleagured UK snack food company Golden Wonder about the possible acquisition of the company's remaining assets, ...
Stephen Hutchinson, managing director of Irish snack manufacturer Tayto, confirmed the company's acquisition of the Golden Wonder factory in Corby and the contract to make Pringles' Minis for Procter ...
Tayto have confirmed a report, which appeared yesterday (12 January) on just-food, that the snack manufacturer from Northern Ireland has acquired the Corby site and contract to produce Pringles' Mini'...
Tayto is to acquire part of the beleaguered Golden Wonder business, in a deal that is expected to be announced tomorrow (13 January)....
US consumer goods giant Procter & Gamble, which owns the Pringles snacks and Folgers coffee brands, has reported higher sales and earnings for the first quarter....
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report