USA: P&G delivers on fourth quarter and fiscal year results
The Procter & Gamble Company said today it delivered on commitments for fourth quarter and total fiscal year financial results. For the quarter ended June 30, unit volume grew three percent. Net sales for the quarter were $9.58 billion, down one percent. Excluding a three percent impact of unfavorable foreign exchange and a two percent impact from charges related to decisions to phase out certain initiatives, primarily Olay Cosmetics, sales increased four percent. As anticipated, the company reported a net loss for the quarter of $320 million or -$0.23 per share due to a $1.16 billion after-tax restructuring charge taken as part of the company's efforts to streamline its organization structure and business portfolio.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report