USA: P&G delivers on fourth quarter and fiscal year results
The Procter & Gamble Company said today it delivered on commitments for fourth quarter and total fiscal year financial results. For the quarter ended June 30, unit volume grew three percent. Net sales for the quarter were $9.58 billion, down one percent. Excluding a three percent impact of unfavorable foreign exchange and a two percent impact from charges related to decisions to phase out certain initiatives, primarily Olay Cosmetics, sales increased four percent. As anticipated, the company reported a net loss for the quarter of $320 million or -$0.23 per share due to a $1.16 billion after-tax restructuring charge taken as part of the company's efforts to streamline its organization structure and business portfolio.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses