USA: P&G meets first quarter expectations
The Procter & Gamble Company reported net earnings of $1.16 billion or $0.82 per share for the quarter ended September 30, 2000. Results include an $85 million after-tax charge related to the Organization 2005 restructuring program. Core net earnings, which exclude the Organization 2005 charges, were $1.24 billion for the quarter. Core net earnings per share were equal to the prior year at $0.88. Sales grew one percent, consistent with unit volume, reaching $9.97 billion. Excluding currency effects, primarily from the euro, sales grew four percent.Earnings results were influenced by significant commodity-related cost increases and negative exchange impacts, which more than offset the benefits of pricing and a focus on growth of premium-priced products."We've delivered on expectations this quarter and are focused on continuing to improve our results and meeting expectations as the year unfolds," said P&G Chief Executive, A.G. Lafley. "We have a clear game plan to do this: lead innovation, build big brands and leverage global scale to create leadership market shares and total shareholder return."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods