USA: P&G meets first quarter expectations
The Procter & Gamble Company reported net earnings of $1.16 billion or $0.82 per share for the quarter ended September 30, 2000. Results include an $85 million after-tax charge related to the Organization 2005 restructuring program. Core net earnings, which exclude the Organization 2005 charges, were $1.24 billion for the quarter. Core net earnings per share were equal to the prior year at $0.88. Sales grew one percent, consistent with unit volume, reaching $9.97 billion. Excluding currency effects, primarily from the euro, sales grew four percent.Earnings results were influenced by significant commodity-related cost increases and negative exchange impacts, which more than offset the benefits of pricing and a focus on growth of premium-priced products."We've delivered on expectations this quarter and are focused on continuing to improve our results and meeting expectations as the year unfolds," said P&G Chief Executive, A.G. Lafley. "We have a clear game plan to do this: lead innovation, build big brands and leverage global scale to create leadership market shares and total shareholder return."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix