USA: P&G/Smuckers - peanut butter and jelly together at last - COMMENT (Members)
J.M. Smucker will acquire P&G's Jif peanut butter brand and Crisco cooking oils. The merger of Jif peanut butter and Crisco shortening brands with Smucker, the largest strawberry jam manufacturer in the US, is a deal reported to have been two decades in the making, P&G's decision to spin the company off to its shareholders is a welcome improvement on its previously shaky commitment to exiting non-core businesses.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund