USA: P&G/Smuckers - peanut butter and jelly together at last - COMMENT (Members)
J.M. Smucker will acquire P&G's Jif peanut butter brand and Crisco cooking oils. The merger of Jif peanut butter and Crisco shortening brands with Smucker, the largest strawberry jam manufacturer in the US, is a deal reported to have been two decades in the making, P&G's decision to spin the company off to its shareholders is a welcome improvement on its previously shaky commitment to exiting non-core businesses.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1