UK: Philip Green considers bid for Safeway
Billionaire Philip Green, the owner of UK retail groups BHS and Arcadia, has become the latest party to express interest in taking over UK supermarket chain Safeway. Green said he was considering a cash offer for Safeway and had requested financial information from the company. He also said that it was not yet definite that an offer would be made, and that his interest was still at an early stage.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife
- Nestle launches global sugar target