USA: Philip Morris Is Buying Nabisco Holdings for $14.9 Billion; Philip Morris Already Owns Kraft Foods
A little over a year after getting out of the cigarette business, the nation's No. 1 cookie and cracker maker is back with Big Tobacco.Philip Morris Companies Inc., the world's largest tobacco company and parent of Kraft Foods, said Sunday it has reached an agreement to purchase Nabisco Holdings Corp.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Ferrero entity acquires Delacre