USA: Philip Morris Is Buying Nabisco Holdings for $14.9 Billion; Philip Morris Already Owns Kraft Foods
A little over a year after getting out of the cigarette business, the nation's No. 1 cookie and cracker maker is back with Big Tobacco.Philip Morris Companies Inc., the world's largest tobacco company and parent of Kraft Foods, said Sunday it has reached an agreement to purchase Nabisco Holdings Corp.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project