PHILIPPINES: Philrice will sell GM rice within three years
Philrice, the Philippine Rice Research Institute, is expecting to sell genetically modified rice within the next three years. The rice in question would be resistant to bacterial blithe, a type of bacteria prevalent in the Philippines. No multiple field tests have yet been carried out, but Dr Rhodora Aldemita, chief science research specialist at Philrice, said the research agency hopes to carry out field tests in seven areas next year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes