SOUTH AFRICA: Pick ‘N Pay purchases Fruit & Veg City
South African retailer Pick 'N Pay Holdings has reportedly said it will acquire privately owned chain Fruit & Veg City Holdings.
The company said an additional announcement will follow specifying the terms of the transaction once it has been finalised, reported Dow Jones.
Fruit & Veg City, started up by two brothers in 1993, currently has 60 stores of which one third are corporately owned and the other two thirds are franchised.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project