AUSTRALIA: Pick 'n' Pay sees long term plans for acquisition in Australian grocery market
Having recently secured the A$125m (US$64.8m) purchase of 60 Franklin's stores during the beleaguered chain's carve-up, South African retailer Pick 'n' Pay has revealed plans to acquire more Australian food stores by the end of next year. CEO Sean Summers spoke of the company's long term plans yesterday, but stressed that the priority is on consolidating the chain of Franklin's stores it has acquired. Pick 'n' Pay has also picked up 20
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week