ITALY: Piedmont orders destruction of GM-contaminated maize fields
The Italian region of Piedmont ordered the destruction of 381 hectares of maize fields on Friday because they were believed to contain genetically modified material. "The President of Piedmont region, Enzo Ghigo, has ordered the destruction of 381 hectares (941 acres) of genetically modified maize in the region," spokesman Massimo Tesio told Reuters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk