USA: Pierre Foods in advanced buyout talks
Pierre Foods, Inc. (Nasdaq: FOOD) today announced that it is in advanced talks with a management group that reportedly owns 49% of the company's outstanding common stock and seeks to purchase, for cash, all shares owned by unaffiliated investors. A special committee of the company's board of directors has been negotiating the terms of a possible transaction with the management buyout group. Both the committee and the buyout group are being advised by valuation experts. The price range under discussion for the stock owned by public shareholders is significantly lower than the $1.63 price per share last reported by the Nasdaq Stock Market yesterday. The stock closed at $1.06 on Wednesday.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO