US: Pierre Foods revenues and earnings up in full year
Pierre Foods has reported a slight increase in its net revenues for the fourth quarter. The manufacturer of processed food solutions said net revenues reached US$109.3m versus $107.5m for its fourth quarter last year, an increase of 1.7%.
For the full year fiscal net revenues were $431.6m versus $410.4m, an increase of 5.2%. The company said it had experienced strong growth in most of its end-market segments during the fourth quarter, as well as in fiscal 2006 overall.
The growth was partially offset by a significant decrease in sales to two large National Accounts customers during both fourth quarter and fiscal 2006. Sales to these National Accounts customers were impacted by promotional activity towards sandwiches that do not include the company's products and to a lesser extent, higher gasoline prices, which impacted store traffic.
Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) increased to $15.7m for the fourth quarter, a 5.4% increase. On a pro forma basis, EBITDA increased to $54.7m for the full year, a 28.4% increase.
The company reported net income of $1.8m for the fourth quarter compared with a net loss of $0.4m during fourth quarter fiscal 2005.
For the full year, net income of $2.2m compared with a net loss of $8.6m last year.
Companies: Pierre Foods
Pierre Foods has entered into an agreement to purchase substantially all of the assets of Zartic and its affiliated distribution company Zar Tran, at a purchase price of US$94m plus the assumption of ...
Pierre Foods has reported third quarter net revenues of US$115.5m versus $112.0m for the same period a year ago....
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Ferrero entity acquires Delacre
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report