NEW ZEALAND: Pig meat price hike meets with retailer anger
New Zealand meat supplier Mainland , which controls over 60% of the country's bacon and ham supply, has announced that it intends to implement a price hike next month that could mean consumers will have to pay over a NZ$1 more for their packs of pig meat. Hefty hikes are also likely for Mainland's lamb products, and the price of a ham leg could rise by 46%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega