USA: Pilgrim's Pride Corp posts record Q2 net income
Texas-based poultry producer Pilgrim's Pride Corp has announced net income of US$1.3m, or US$0.03 per share, for the Q2 ended 30 March 2002, up US$11.1m year on year. The dramatic increase was due to the change in tax laws in Mexico, said David Van Hoose, CEO, president and COO, which bought a US$9.7m income tax benefit.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations