USA: Pilgrim's Pride Corp to close Harrisonburg plant, consolidate turkey division
Texas-based Pilgrim's Pride Corp, the second largest poultry producer in the US, will consolidate production volumes from its Harrisonburg, Virginia, turkey processing plant into the company's turkey processing plant in Hinton, Virginia over the next several months. David Van Hoose, CEO, president and COO, commented: "This plant consolidation is being made in order to improve operating efficiencies and reduce costs in the company's turkey operations."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid