USA: Pilgrim's Pride Corp to close Harrisonburg plant, consolidate turkey division
Texas-based Pilgrim's Pride Corp, the second largest poultry producer in the US, will consolidate production volumes from its Harrisonburg, Virginia, turkey processing plant into the company's turkey processing plant in Hinton, Virginia over the next several months. David Van Hoose, CEO, president and COO, commented: "This plant consolidation is being made in order to improve operating efficiencies and reduce costs in the company's turkey operations."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report