USA: Pilgrim's Pride Corporation issues earnings guidance for the second quarter of Fiscal 2001
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation (NYSE: CHX, CHX.A) yesterday announced that it expects to report a loss of $0.25 - $0.28 cents per share for its second fiscal quarter ending March 31, 2001 compared to a profit of $0.22 cents per share for the same period last year. The primary factor affecting this year's second quarter when compared to the prior year is the expected $0.32 - $0.35 cents per share reduction in the profitability of the Company's Mexico operations resulting primarily from lower selling prices caused by industry-wide increases of chicken production in Mexico. In addition, domestic results are expected to be negatively impacted by January ice storms in Arkansas, higher energy and feed ingredient costs and losses realized in the former WLR Foods, Inc. operations acquired by the Company on January 27, 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat