USA: Pilgrim's Pride Corporation issues earnings guidance for the second quarter of Fiscal 2001
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation (NYSE: CHX, CHX.A) yesterday announced that it expects to report a loss of $0.25 - $0.28 cents per share for its second fiscal quarter ending March 31, 2001 compared to a profit of $0.22 cents per share for the same period last year. The primary factor affecting this year's second quarter when compared to the prior year is the expected $0.32 - $0.35 cents per share reduction in the profitability of the Company's Mexico operations resulting primarily from lower selling prices caused by industry-wide increases of chicken production in Mexico. In addition, domestic results are expected to be negatively impacted by January ice storms in Arkansas, higher energy and feed ingredient costs and losses realized in the former WLR Foods, Inc. operations acquired by the Company on January 27, 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report