USA: Pilgrim's Pride Corporation reports fiscal 2001 results and record annual net sales
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation (NYSE: CHX, CHX.A) yesterday announced income before extraordinary charges of $13.8 million, or $.33 per share, for the fourth fiscal quarter ended September 29, 2001, a $2.5 million increase, compared to net income in the prior year's fourth quarter of $11.3 million, or $.28 per share. The Company also announced net sales for the fourth fiscal quarter ended September 29, 2001 of $641.3 million, a 69.0% increase, compared to the $379.4 million for the same period last year, with the increase resulting primarily from the acquisition of WLR Foods, Inc., which was effective January 27, 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch