USA: Pilgrim's Pride Corporation reports record results for its third quarter of fiscal 2001
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation (NYSE: CHX, CHX.A) yesterday announced record net income of $25.3 million, or $.62 per share, for the third fiscal quarter ended June 30, 2001, an $8.1 million increase when compared to net income in the prior year's third quarter of $17.1 million, or $.41 per share. The Company also announced record net sales for the third fiscal quarter ended June 30, 2001 of $645.8 million, a 64.8% increase when compared to the $392.0 million for the same period last year, with the increase resulting primarily from the acquisition of WLR Foods, Inc., which was effective January 27, 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill