USA: Pilgrim's Pride Corporation reports results for its second quarter of fiscal 2001
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation (NYSE: CHX, CHX.A) yesterday announced a net loss of $9.8 million, or $.24 per share, for the second fiscal quarter ended March 31, 2001, a $18.8 million decrease, compared to net income in the prior year's second quarter of $9.0 million, or $.22 per share. The reported results are slightly better than the earnings guidance previously released by the Company, which projected a loss of $.25 - $.28 per share for the quarter. The Company also announced second quarter net sales of $541.6 million, a 45.1% increase, compared to the $373.3 million for the same period last year, with the increase resulting primarily from the acquisition of WLR Foods, Inc., which was effective January 27, 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses