USA: Pilgrim's Pride Corporation reports results for its second quarter of fiscal 2001
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation (NYSE: CHX, CHX.A) yesterday announced a net loss of $9.8 million, or $.24 per share, for the second fiscal quarter ended March 31, 2001, a $18.8 million decrease, compared to net income in the prior year's second quarter of $9.0 million, or $.22 per share. The reported results are slightly better than the earnings guidance previously released by the Company, which projected a loss of $.25 - $.28 per share for the quarter. The Company also announced second quarter net sales of $541.6 million, a 45.1% increase, compared to the $373.3 million for the same period last year, with the increase resulting primarily from the acquisition of WLR Foods, Inc., which was effective January 27, 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast