USA: Pilgrim's Pride Corporation reports results for its second quarter of fiscal 2001
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation (NYSE: CHX, CHX.A) yesterday announced a net loss of $9.8 million, or $.24 per share, for the second fiscal quarter ended March 31, 2001, a $18.8 million decrease, compared to net income in the prior year's second quarter of $9.0 million, or $.22 per share. The reported results are slightly better than the earnings guidance previously released by the Company, which projected a loss of $.25 - $.28 per share for the quarter. The Company also announced second quarter net sales of $541.6 million, a 45.1% increase, compared to the $373.3 million for the same period last year, with the increase resulting primarily from the acquisition of WLR Foods, Inc., which was effective January 27, 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target